I was chatting it up with a friend a couple of weeks ago, and he started talking about Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy, otherwise known as PRP therapy. Although I consistently tell my children never to act like you know something you don’t, it took me a minute to cave in and tell my friend I had no idea what he was talking about. Since it involved vaginas, and I have one, I felt it was something I should, at least, be familiar with. I know, silly of me. But, that’s the truth.
Let me just say, once he explained PRP Therapy, my mind was blown just as much as it was when I learned about IV Hydration Therapy. And, of course, once the conversation was over, I took to the internet to learn more about PRP Therapy. I love the internet! 🙂
In a nutshell, PRP Therapy involves a doctor
- drawing your blood,
- separating the platelet-rich plasma out from other parts of your blood,
- numbing your body, and
- injecting the platelet-rich plasma back into your body.
Once platelets are in the area that’s being treated, they break down and release growth factors, which are compounds that help cells repair and renew. This is thought to trigger your body’s healing process. PRP therapy seems to be a common practice used to treat injuries, damage to tendons, ligaments, muscles, joints, and skin. Okay, I completely understand why PRP Therapy would be used in these situations.
But here is the thing that made my mouth hit the floor. Women are injecting their platelet-rich plasma into their vaginas! Blow me down! Vaginal Platelet-Rich Plasma injections are commonly known as the O-shot (orgasm shot for those of you that have no clue what the O stands for:-).
According to the Broward Urology Center in Florida, the O-Shot can:
- Decrease or resolve pain during sex
- Increase your ability to have vaginal orgasms
- Increase arousal from clitoral stimulation
- Strengthen and increase orgasms
- tighten and/or elasticize your vaginal canal
- Make your vaginal skin look younger and smoother.
- Increase your vaginal lubrication
Some things you should know before you run off to make an appointment for the O-shot:
- The procedure is generally done in a doctor’s office
- It can take anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes to complete
- You do not have to be put to sleep to have this procedure done. Prior to injecting your vagina with your Plasma-Rich Platelet , your Doctor will numb your vagina so you don’t feel the pain.
- From what I can gather the O-Shot costs anywhere from $500 to $1,800.00.
- The benefits of the O-Shot should last for at least one year.
- You should not run home to have sex after the O-Shot. It is recommended that you wait at least four hours before trying out your new and improved vagina.
So, there you go! O-shot anyone? Right now, I am going to pass on someone shooting my platelet-rich plasma into my vagina. Some things should just be left in their natural state. But check back with me in about 10-15 years to see if I feel the same.
***This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.