I spend a lot of time in my car, throughout the week, traveling from courthouse to courthouse. So, I have learned over the years to use that time being productive and maximizing efficiency. But, there are times when I just don’t want to be productive or efficient! I just need a break from it all! That is when I slip into my fantasy world of being a superstar. LOL! Yes, I pump up the music and sing as though my life depended on it. No, I cannot sing at all. But, who cares. In my fantasy world, I am Beyonce’ performing for thousands!
My concert performances vary based upon my mood. But, there are a couple of songs that I always seem to return to, no matter what:
6. Tru by Lloyd. I recently added this to my list because it is a great song about overcoming the trials and tribulations of stumbling.
5. He Won’t Go by Adele. Adele is just the bomb!
4. Pieces of Me by Ledisi. This is the ultimate woman song.
3. Halo by Beyonce. This love song just makes me so excited about all of the rewards of falling in love.
2. So Amazing by Luther Vandross. I don’t even need to explain why this is one of my all-time favorites.
1. Fool for You by Alice Smith. I saw her sing this song on Black Girls Rock a couple of years ago with so much passion I could feel it coming through the television. This is my ultimate love song because it exudes all of the passion I think a woman should have for her man.
So, chances are, if you have ever been driving down the country roads of eastern North Carolina and happened upon a lady who is bouncing around in her seat, with a big smile on her face, singing as though her life depended on it, you and I have crossed paths. 🙂 Next time, turn that volume up and join me!
Share some of your favorite songs with me! I am always looking for new music to add to my concert performance.
Peace and Love
11 thoughts on “Loving Life – my go to songs!”
I can’t even begin to make a list. The music varies from old spiritual hymns to jaheim to even some rap. Here lately I have been stuck on Michael Jackson, especially at work. I like singing along while I am working. No I can not sing but I am usually in the office by myself which is a good thing. But on the real, music is like what I lean to for relaxation and motivation.
Okay, I have confession to make. I have never been a huge Michael Jackson fan. Lol! But, I do agree music is both relaxing and motivating!
Thank you for following😊
Here you go. Use them as you need them. I love how you are sharing with all of us.
Jill Scott -Blessed
Vivian Green – Beautiful
Do Me Right Leela James
Set Me Free – Leela James
You have to have that one by a man saying all the things women love to hear
Boney James and Raheem DeVaughn – Maker of Love
Pink – F**ckin Perfect
Ledisi – Hate Me
Thanks Corrin! I’m going to add all of those to my playlist!
It’s never too late to become a Michael Jackson fan…
I was hoping you wouldn’t see that comment! Lol!
Why wouldn’t I! I’m one of your faithful readers! 😆
Love all of those!!! Be sure you keep your eyes open when you’re trying to hit those high notes, girl! Lol!
Three have made it to the top of my list this summer
Ed Sheeran- Thinking out loud
Andra Day- Rise up
I will check all of these out! I smiled at #3, Wale 😊