So, I have been tuned in very little to this whole Jordyn Woods/Tristan/Khloe Kardashian saga. It just wasn’t something that caught my interest until I watched this young girls’ interview on Red Table Talk. As I watched, I cried tears for this 21-year-old. Her life has been turned upside down by a split-second decision to not tell the truth about Tristan kissing her as she was leaving his house. Sure, sure, if she had not gone there in the first place this would not be an issue. But she did.
Despite the fact that Tristan kissed her, and Jordyn opted not to share this with Khloe, I am honestly most offended by Khloe’s behavior. She is a 34-year-old woman who knows her man! It seems he is messy, and she knew it before he kissed Jordyn.
Khloe has known, and shared, a close bond with Jordyn Woods for years. In an effort to make things right, Jordyn has offered to do anything to help Khloe find peace, including submitting to a lie detector test. So, why is she so angry with Jordyn? Because she tried to protect her heart and not expose her to anymore of Tristan’s messy behavior? Would Khloe feel less betrayed if Jordyn had gone directly to her house and told her that Tristan kissed her? I think not.
Why did this interview strike such a chord with me? Because I have been a young girl before. Because I have 3 daughters. Because I saw how our society has conditioned us as women to turn our attention to harming and attacking one another as opposed to confronting the real issue.
Here is some food for thought before you start judging Jordyn:
- How many times have you opted not to tell your friend if you saw her man with another woman, or doing something you know he had no business doing, because you didn’t want to be caught in the middle?
- How many times have you pondered for days, or maybe even weeks, whether or not you should tell a friend about something you saw because you knew it would hurt her if you shared it?
- How many times has your friend’s man made some slick, inappropriate comment to you, and you brush it off as him being an ass, and… don’t bother telling your friend?
- How many times have you turned a blind-eye and said, “it ain’t none of my business” when you have seen something that puts you in the tricky position of having to decide whether or not to share it with your friend?
- How many times have your friends dumped something in your lap and said “you can tell if you want to” but I don’t have anything to do with it?
If you have never found yourself in any of these tricky situations then I salute you. But for those of us that have experienced it, we need to dig deep before we ridicule and bash Jordyn Woods.
And, I am sorry…I know that Khloe is hurt by Tristan’s actions, and feels Jordyn should have told her what happened. But, she needs to grow up and give this girl a break. It is not her fault! Real Mom Talk!
Ladies, we must do better! This behavior is what makes men comfortable putting us in these awkward situations in the first place. IJS.
If you haven’t had an opportunity to see the Red Table Talk interview check it out below: