Lack of self-confidence or assurance; self doubt.
Why is the word INSECURITY such a bad word in our world today?
I do not like how the world forces us to internalize so much garbage by labeling us as weak or damaged when we dare to show a side other than the emotionally well, wonderful human beings we are most of the time. I firmly believe that it is the process of being forced to internalize negative feelings and emotions that cause the most damage to our psyche.
Hopefully, I will be around for many more years to come, which means my future will be peppered with some feelings of insecurity. The reality is we all experience insecurity at some point in our life. When people tell me they have never experienced insecurity, I believe that person is either:
- afraid to acknowledge his/her insecurities,
- or that person is a
- potential sociopath.
At this point in our lives, we would all benefit from taking the masks off and allowing ourselves to experience life void of pretense.
If 2020 has done anything for me, it has reinforced that life is too short and too unpredictable to waste time living a false existence.
So, here are 7 gentle reminders for those that have been taught that insecurity is a sign of weakness:
- IT IS ABSOLUTELY OKAY TO FEEL INSECURE. IN FACT, IT IS NORMAL.
- DO NOT TRY TO TALK ABOUT INSECURITIES WITH INDIVIDUALS THAT LIVE LIVES VOID OF EMOTION. EVERYONE IS NOT EQUIPPED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT INSECURITY IS NOT A BAD THING.
- FIND AN EMOTIONALLY SECURE PERSON (A PERSON THAT RECOGNIZES HUMANS EXPERIENCE A WIDE RANGE OF EMOTIONS)AND HOLD ON TO THEM FOR DEAR LIFE.
- UNTIL YOU FIND THAT EMOTIONALLY SECURE PERSON, WRITE IT DOWN!
- WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT KEEP IT IN. IF YOU INTERNALIZE ALL OF THE GARBAGE, THE WORLD TRIES TO FORCE YOU TO INTERNALIZE, YOU WILL TRULY BE DAMAGED.
- DAMAGE BLOCKS YOUR ABILITY TO LIVE WITH INTENTION.
- KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED AND YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN THIS JOURNEY OF BEING A IMPERFECT, FALLIBLE HUMAN BEING!